Thursday 13 June 2013

Rimmel London BB cream review!

I'm not particularly into make up; I generally only wear it if I'm going out where someone might take photos so on a daily basis I don't bother. I've always found foundations too thick and almost mudlike, it sort of made me feel claustrophobic if that makes any sense?! So for me, BB cream seemed like a great alternative as I'd heard it was much lighter and more like a moisturiser.
I was shopping with my mum and saw Rimmel London's BB cream in Asda, though it's also available obviously in shops like Boots and Superdrug, and after looking at the samples I went for the shade 'light' for my very pale skin! I think it was about £5 which I think is a very reasonable though it's quite a small bottle. It is described on the front as a '9 in 1 skin perfecting super make up' and I think it definitely perfects your skin more than covers it which is exactly what I wanted. It evens skin tone and hides redder areas of your face as well as minimising pore appearence. It's SPF 25 which will be very useful during summer! Also, a little goes a long way! For the following photos I squirted a tiny amount onto my hand which was enough to cover it all.




 The last one is a comparison of with and without it. It is on my right hand but not my left. This may partly be to do with shadows in the photo but it looked similar in real life; there was a clear but still subtle difference.

Overall, I'd give this product 4.5/5. It has a slightly sun cream like smell which I think is fairly pleasant and overall provides a good coverage. The reason it's not a 5 is because I think the bottle could have been slightly bigger for the price, particularly for people using it every day, and at times it's a little hard to rub in as it's possibly a little thicker than I had expected. But overall a great product which I'd definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)