Monday 29 February 2016

bye bye xo

Right so I'm currently in the bath and it's finally hit me that I'm actually leaving the country in about 16 hours. Goodbye messages (mainly from my friend's parents ngl) have started rolling in, my mum's freak outs are occuring at any hourly rate and yeah. This is it I guess ?? quite emotional knowing i don't get to sleep in my bed until June.

Stopped arguing in order to eat Spanish food
The last couple of weeks have been a blue of saying goodbye to various friends over food or alcohol (is there a better way to do it?) Dunno if this was the best plan though as hungover me eats approx a billion calories so maybs about any photos of me in a bikini. I've also obtained a cold and got my nose pierced. In that order. So quite nice for the piercer lol. 
Went out for breakfast to say bye to morwenna after I passed my driving test

Having a small crisis knowing that all of my possessions for the next few months are in one bag in the floor of my brother's room. While in England I pretty much wear the same 3 outfits over and over again I don't like the fact that I have a very limited choice of clothing, albeit I've made sensible choices (one of my friends judged the fact that i'd specified 'comfy pants' when packing. I'm cool okay). 
 

Despite this I am aware that I am going to actual functioning countries and not the middle of the desert as my family seem to think. Everyone's freaking out that I won't be able to buy basic things or get wifi for the entire 3 months when I reality im going to capital cities, and one of the directions for our hostel was 'opposite burger king' it's fine. 

Plus I am accidentally painfully organised. I've printed everything and made copies and just generally am freakishly organised. I'd ordered mother's day cards weeks ago because we're away and just generally am a bit of an organisation freak. Unless I've had too much vodka. Like, I'm the friend who'll be checking everyone's got their bum baga, but will also need to be carried home after a night out. The low key risk of death adds a bit of excitement, right??

Packing wise I've taken about 6 tops, 1 pair of classic baggy gap year trousers (gonna buy more), some shorts, a pair of dungarees, underwear, flip flops, running stuff (gonna try not to look like an actual beach ball), several swimming costumes, a micro towel, and a jumper. I think that's pretty much all my clothes. I'm expecting to have over packed which I always do but hey it's fine. Medical wise I've got so the classics as well as 90 anti histamine tablets because I get really bad heat rash. Love being me x but yeah I've got normal stuff like shampoo, shower gel, razors, toothbrush etc and then like antibacterial cream and wipes, enough plasters to open a small shop, all the essential stuff really (read; cba to get out the bath and actually check so just telling you what I remember)
In my hand luggage I've got a folder of documents. Who knew you need to take an ATOL certificate so you can get home if the travel company collapses?? Only found out yesterday.

My parents are also freakishly organised so I've done my student finance (i'd completed it about 30 minutes after it opened lol), signed a form so I can claim back tax and given them all the details for my ucas and accomodation for uni in case they need it while I'm away. Like I said, everyone thinks I'm going to the desert/deep in the ocean. 

Well this was rambly af but next time I post I'll be on the other side of the world. Here are some photos of my final weeks. 
Beth's party where i consumed too much tequila when saying bye to my friends. It's important to maintain your reputation right?
It's definitely weird that I kind of miss work 




Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)