Wednesday 4 May 2016

leaving Asia :(

When we were planning the trip i thought that I would prefer Asia to Australia so the prospect of leaving has been something I've dreaded for a while. knowing that I'll be back (albeit in a very different part) in less than a month is helping a lot!

We woke up late and packed up all our stuff which took ages- there seems to be more every time. We are and got an uber to the airport around 1, even though our flight wasn't until 10.40. I know this is beyond sad, but Singapore airport was one of the things I was most looking forwards to when planning the trip and it was amazing! A free cinema showing films non stop, charging stations for phones and computers to use, countless shops and restaurants, a sunflower garden and even a rooftop pool! We had a pretty good day there, I ventured to the pool whilst the others watched a second film and it was amazing to swim while the planes took off around you. 




I'm really struggling to eat healthily on a budget and have even more sympathy for people who are forced to eat junk food because it's so much cheaper. I opted for a subway salad and ended up spending double what the others could spend at a fast food chain for a large meal with a drink and it's so annoying!


The flight was fine and we boarded quickly. There were good films and tv shows, though it's weird to think I have 3 flights coming up on my own! I managed to sleep for 3 hours or so but woke up to a second meal- I feel very sorry for the air hostesses forced to smile cheekily delivering breakfasts to people at 4am. We had to fill out an arrival card (we have in every country) and all declared bringing honey into the country and got taken aside to have it checked. Dramatic times! Fortunately it was fine though. Not the most dramatic day but a nice way to finish off our time in Asia

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)