Saturday 18 June 2016

I was feeling better but still not great so I didn't go to volunteering. I worked on the website which I'm making for the project instead; fun, but requires sooo much patience as the wifi is so slow! In the afternoon after the others got home and eilidh needed to go and pick up train tickets for the weekend in Delhi with some girls from the other accommodation so I went with them.

We got scammed (classic) into going to a toursist office which tried to charge over double the price but luckily the girls had researched it and knew and we eventually managed to track down the tourist desk at the train station. After buying their tickets we walked to find some food. I was planning on eating when we got back but it was already nearly 8 by this point so gave in and had dominos pizza which was amazing so I'm very glad I did! We sat there and also got delicious gelato style ice cream from a cool chain. As much as I love curry it was a welcome change!

Afterwards we went to find India gate. Previously I've relied on the metro but one of the girls was so good at navigating and had a guide book so we walked there. We found it pretty easily and it was very impressive to see, almost like India's answer to the arc de triomphe, and we walked back to the metro station (dodging a mass of people selling souvenirs, photos and even camel rides). We got back into faridabad around 11 and went to bed.

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)