Wednesday 28 June 2017

Today was one of my favourite days of the trip so far, mainly due to the food tour we went on!!! We woke up about 9.30, showered and had some chai, and then at 11 ish set off. We were told it was a 5km walk where we would try as many dishes as we could manage.

The food was all amazing; we tried loads of different curries, filled breads, desserts and lassi. It was honestly amazing and some of the best food I'd ever eaten. My massive appetite finally paid off and I was able to eat it all. Though I didn't need to eat for a solid 21 hours afterwards. The tour finished with some amazing chai, and then we were picked up by a tuk tuk to go to the India-Pakistani border. The journey took about 45 minutes, and we arrived to literally chaos. There is a daily ceremony at the border which was cool, but there were crowds to get in and we were told by people that the ceremony was full. However, one flash of the British passport and suddenly we were allowed to stroll in. Inside the chaos continued. We had to climb through a fence, and there were armed guards stopping people doing it. But again, we were white, so it was fine. It was really bad, but we do pay much higher prices for attractions with a fee, so I kind of felt like we were getting something back from that. Inside there was a kind of stadium, with steps going up. We tried to go as high as possible to get a good view, and someone said to me 'you're foreign so you can go through' and we got a good view.




It was boiling, like I don't think I've ever sweated so much in my life, and although it was really cool seeing the guards on both sides doing almost a dance-off, it was almost a relief when it ended as the sweat could end. We headed back to our tuk tuk and went back to the hostel, arriving at about 10.

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)